AAF Pensacola is operated solely by volunteers who care about advancing the state of advertising in our community.
Each year we call upon our members to serve as Committee Chairs and Committee Participants to plan and execute the various operations and initiatives of our club, including: the ADDY® Awards, monthly professional and networking programs, legislative, public service, education, and more.
Serving on one of our AAF Pensacola committees is an exceptional opportunity to contribute or sharpen your skills and to develop relationships with like-minded professionals who share your enthusiasm for the advertising industry.
Please take some time to review the current committees and contact our President, Megan Prawdzik Gonzalez in order to find out how you can get involved.
AAF Pensacola Committees:
- Programs & Networking
- ADDY Entries
- ADDY Awards
- ADDY Judging
- Public Service
- Fundraising & Sponsorships
- Communications (Creative Service, Social Media Services, Public Relations Services)
- Legislative Affairs
2016-2017 Available Board Position Descriptions
If you are interested in serving on the 2016-2017 Board of Directors, please fill out this form HERE.
Take minutes at each board meeting and manage the calendar of events for the Board of Directors.
- Attend all executive committee meetings, board of directors meetings and finance committee meetings.
- Serve as a member of the finance committee.
- Take the minutes at all executive committee meetings and board meetings.
- Maintain club records.
- Attend all regular meetings and events of the club.
Programs Chair & Committee
Finds and books industry leading speakers for our luncheons who are interesting, entertaining and can speak to relevant issues. Also includes planning educational events for our members.
- Secure Speakers for Luncheon Learns and send information to Communications Chair
- Contacting, confirming, accommodations as needed.
- Arrange for audio/visual needs of speakers.
- Negotiate meeting location and food arrangements.
- Coordinate with Marketing & PR on meeting announcements.
- Retrieve RSVP’s for meeting.
- Secure and present speaker gift.
- Take photos at all events for PR and website and send promptly to Communications Chair for posting on social media
ADDY Gala Chair & Committee
This committee is responsible for planning, executing and hosting the ADDY’s event, the annual creative awards show.
- Determines date for event and location
- Handles all event logistics and event design
- Work alongside the ADDY Entry Chair and ADDY Judging Chair and help with Collateral Materials such as Winners Book and Programs.
- Work with Communications Chair to develop promotional materials for the ADDYs (may include event Save the Date and Invitation)
- Recruits members for setup and breakdown of Gala
- Attends ADDY Gala
ADDY Judging Chair & Committee
The responsibilities of the Judging Chair include the selection of judges, management of the judges and overseeing the judging process for both Professional and Student Entries. You will also work closely with the ADDY Entry Chair in assisting them with their responsibilities.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the judges
- Determine event, location, food, and judge travel logistics for Judging Weekend
- Manage Judging Weekend including scheduling volunteers
- Attend ADDY Gala
ADDY Entry Chair & Committee
The responsibilities of the Entry Chair include managing the ADDY award entries process for both Professional and Student Entries. You will also work closely with the ADDY Judging Chair in assisting them with their responsibilities.
- Recruit committee members
- Work alongside Education Chair to contact area university representatives to discuss Student ADDYs; set up workshops at each school to pass out entry packets
- Work with Programs Chair to host Professional Entries Workshop (if needed)
- Setup AAF Pensacola information in the ADDY online entry software
- Work with Communications Chair to develop promotional materials for Call for Entry Dates
- Host Call for Entries Day
- Develop Awards Presentation for Gala (program, entertainment, audio visual)
- Ordering, printing, and framing awards for handing out at Gala
- Preparation of winners for forwarding to district competition.
- Follow up with district winners to attend District Conference
Media Auction Chair & Committee
This Chair and Committee is responsible for organizing our largest annual fundraiser. Their responsibilities include soliciting media and merchandise for the auction, marketing the event, executing the auction, and following through with the exchange.
- Coordinate and manage annual Media Auction – live and silent auction to raise money for AAF Pensacola general operating funds.
- Coordinate with Communications Committee on the online portion of the auction.
- Arrange solicitation, gathering and cataloging of all donations.
- Arrange staffing and organization of check-out system.
- Develop and implement partnerships with outside businesses/organizations to increase attendance and donations
Communications Chair & Committee
This Chair is responsible for keeping our members informed about upcoming events, programs, special functions and general news using the our e-mail database and social media. Also responsible for designing and sending out all event information via email and social media and maintaining the AAF Pensacola website.
- Work alongside each Committee Chair in order to gather all event information that needs to be communicated to club members
- Maintains and updates aafpensacola.com and sends AAF Pensacola information
- Creates professionally designed materials for all AAF events including ADDYs, eBlasts, and social media graphics.
- Responsible for social media, such as Twitter and Facebook
- Creates and distributes email announcements to the membership.
- Writes and distributes Press Releases regarding events and promotions
Sponsorship Chair & Committee
The Sponsorship Committee recommends and solicits sponsorship programs for various AAF Pensacola events. The committee will define levels of sponsorship, work with individual event committees on fundraising efforts, and explore sustaining sponsorship programs for AAF Pensacola. In addition, the committee will develop and implement strategies for attracting new sponsors, solicit targeted sponsorships and ensure benefits are provided.
- Work with program committee to develop special event fundraisers.
- Arrangements for special events, including food, location, volunteers, sponsors. etc.
- Secures sponsorships for planned events.
- Confirm sponsors are satisfied with their participation and develop sponsor “thank you” initiatives
Volunteer for AAF Pensacola’s 2017 Public Service Project
Are you interested in helping with a public service project? AAF Pensacola is looking for several volunteers to help. Whether you are a student or professional, this is a great opportunity to get involved.